Affiliated to : Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore
Approved By Higher Education Dept. MP Govt.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) is an undergraduate bachelor degree course in computer science. It is one of traditional courses among the students who want to make their career in the Computer field. The duration of the course is 3 years.
The course objectives:
• To build a theoretical base in computer science and its generic applications in scientific domains.
• To help students understand problems, suggest and develop solutions.
• To enable students to evaluate solutions using experiments and problem solving environments.
• To expose students to scientific analysis, design principles and system management practices.
A B.Sc.(Comp.Sc.) degree can open up several job opportunities to the students who are interested in computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
With the rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professional is increasing not only in India but also in abroad. After the completion of the course, the student can find a job in reputed IT companies like IBM, Oracle, Infosys, and Google.
The student can work as
• As entry - level computer scientists and professionals.
• As system analysts and database administrators in IT-enabled service sectors.
• As system / network professionals.
• Software developers/ Software Engineers in IT companies
• In the IT - enabled services sector, especially in BPO companies.
• A plethora of opportunities in applications development, software testing and maintenance.
• You can do freelancing or develop your own software if you have that much skills.
• Options to pursue MCA, M.Sc.-CS/IT, MS(IT).
This field provides you ample opportunities to make your career not only in private sector but also in the public sector. The government organization like NIC, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and India Navy also recruit large number of computer professionals for their IT department.
There are many software MNCs (Multi National Companies) which provide job to the B.Sc.(Comp.Sc.) graduates. If candidate has a work experience and all the necessary required skills then he/she can hold good positions in MNCs. MCA can be specialized in systems management, systems development, management information system, etc.
After completing B.Sc.(Comp.Sc.), a student can go for MCA, M.Sc.-CS/IT, MS(IT) and as per new rule from AICTE, B.Sc.(Comp.Sc./IT)/BCA student can directly take admission in MCA 2nd year(i.e. in 3rd Semester) and completed his/her MCA degree in 2 years.
• Candidate seeking admission in B.Sc.(Comp.Sc.) program must have secured minimum 40% aggregate marks at 10+2 level or equivalent examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized Education Board. (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC students with at least 35%marks )
• The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age varies between 22-25 years.